About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Embracing the Impossible

As I have continued to study Abraham's life in the book of Genesis, I have noticed that it is filled with impossibilities redefined. Our definition of what is possible is heavily influenced by our past experiences and our present frame of mind. Repeatedly, God interrupted Abraham's present life with covenant promises of a future that expanded his definition of what was possible. The adjustments to what was possible with God required Abraham to shift his focus from the past and present toward God Himself. When I shift my attention toward God I can leave behind the things in my past that hinder me from pressing toward an amazing future with God.

No comments: