About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

No fear

God said many awesome things to Abraham. On more than one occasion, God blessed Abraham with reassurance of His promises. Because of the many messages that God gave to Abraham we may have overlooked the great the great treasure found in Genesis 15. God begins with the words that occur so often in the Bible: "Do not be afraid". Why do these words occur so many times? You don't have to be a theologian to answer that question. God knows us. He knows our tendencies. He knows how we are wired emotionally, spiritually and physically. Fear is the ultimate flat tire in our journey with God...and I have experience sitting on the side of the road watching the cars go by. Nothing puts a halt to our progress quite like being afraid. That's why the word of the Lord in Genesis 15 fits so well in the flow of Abraham's life. By the way, God says some great things immediately after that. (That's a tease to go back and read it again).

No comments: