About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Control


Control is a word that is packed with meaning. I was thinking about it this morning. I was listening to one of my favorite songs by Kutless called "Winds of Change". It's a real good "wake-up" tune by the way. The words of the chorus are great even without the guitar.

So tell me all your dreams. Tell me all your fears and what you’re longing for the most. It’s not another way that’ll end up the same for it’s under my control

From God's perspective, our fears can be overcome by His power to carry us forward to the things that matter most. As the song goes on to say, God will "give us wings". It's a great reminder that God never feels like life is "out of control". I can recommend beginning the day by affirming that God is able to carry us toward His destiny for our lives. A great verse for meditation is Philippians 1:6

And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

No comments: