About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hiding from the wind

It's windy today and very hot. It's a great reminder to me of how God used the wind to get Jonah's attention. The first time it was the wind that brought the storm on the sea (Jonah 1:4). Jonah was in the boat "running from God's presence". God sent the storm and Jonah wound up going overboard and spending some time as God's guest at the fish hotel. The second time God sent a hot wind (Jonah 4:8) to get Jonah's attention because of his selfish attitude. Jonah had become outwardly obedient, but he still had some major issues with obedience on the inside. Both of these examples demonstrate that it is wise to examine our actions and attitudes when we encounter storms in our lives. Sometimes the wind is blowing to get our attention.

No comments: