About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where's your favorite chapel?


While living in Arizona, Lynn and I frequently drove to Sedona. It was great living 45 minutes from one of the most beautiful places on earth. The red rock formations are incredible. One of our favorite places to visit was a chapel nestled in the side of the red rock mountains. It was a short hike up to chapel and the view was spectacular. It was a great place for quiet meditation and prayer. While reading through Jonah I couldn't help but notice that God provided Jonah with a great chapel. God gave Jonah a private prayer chapel inside a fish. Depending on how you define "distractions", Jonah had a perfect place to "get alone" with God. More and more I recognize that God provides great chapel opportunities. On the outside, they may not appear to be as beautiful as the chapel in the rocks at Sedona, but they are God-given sanctuaries provided for moments of prayer and meditation.

No comments: