About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial


This is memorial day weekend. It is the "unofficial beginning to summer". It is a three-day weekend for many employees. It is time to fire up the grill and head to the lake. Are those our first thoughts? Those are not bad thoughts at all. I am always happy to see the end of May because it signals the beginning of my favorite season. But, I do not want to fail to remember. There is one word that expresses my thoughts about memorial day: heroes. When I think about others who have served and died, I think about how valuable heroes are to me. The acts of our heroes who have died accomplish a great deal. After their deaths, their sacrifices live on. Not only did they purchase our freedom as a nation, but they inspire us to live with the weight of freedom as our responsibility. The legacy of our fallen soldiers continues to breath courage into our dreams. Pause to remember.

No comments: