About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Telling the Story

Yesterday, I shared about the importance of "telling the story" of Jesus through our daily lives. The importance of "narrative" is something that we hear a lot about today. What makes a good storyteller? Last year I travelled with Nick's school class to a storyteller's festival in historic Jonesborough. It was a very enjoyable experience. I listened to "professional" storytellers, and amateurs who had won various competitions to qualify to participate. I heard stories of all shapes and flavors. The common thread among the best of the best was that they drew me into the story. I believe that everyone, everywhere is a participant in God's story. Like it or not, from the faithful follower of Jesus to the staunchest atheist, we are in the story. It is an immense blessing that God has invited us to experience the life He gives and discover His grace along the journey. As a result, my life is a unique chapter in the story which provides me with a unique opportunity to share God with others.

No comments: