About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Believe


Do you believe? After watching a few NCAA basketball tournament games, those infamous words ring in my ears..."it ain't over til it's over". Repeatedly, I have watched teams overcome huge deficits to go on to win the game. Last night in the women's matchup between rivals Rutgers and UConn, Rutgers was up by 14 points in the first half. I dozed off and turned the game back on only to discover that UConn won the game. How is that possible? There are many factors that go into a "come-from-behind" victory. Coaches often speak of "poise", "momentum", "experience", "patience". But, you can't overlook "belief". I'm not a NCAA coach, but I know that teams do not climb back into a game if they do not believe. Our belief cannot be dependent on the current score. It has to be dependent upon a faith that is alive within us. A faith that is not threatened by circumstances.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed ---

No comments: