About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 7, 2008

How far is it from here to there?

How far is it from where you are to where God wants you to be? The creative tension that exists when God speaks is amazing. "From" and "to" are such simple words but they explode within us when God speaks them. God's words are a creative catalyst to break the ice and begin the journey "from" where we are "to" where He wants us to be. If our initial thoughts of "from" and "to" focus on physical location we sell short the explosive power of God's work. "From" and "to" have a lot more to do with what's going on between our ears than what our feet are doing. The Apostle Paul's words about our need to "forget what lies behind and press toward what lies ahead" have everything to do with God's creative tension in our thinking and the way we view God's future plan for us. Paul's message is a "from" and "to" message. How is God's creative word stretching you today?

No comments: