About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 21, 2008

And lived to tell about it


Well, I am on the other side of the Youth Retreat. Pastor Jeremy put together a great experience for us all! Danny and Brightgray rocked the house www.myspace.com/brightgray. The students gave me an opportunity to share with them and they opened up and shared with me. And I got to help Big Dave build a campfire. I'm not sure why I enjoy building a fire and watching it burn. But, it's always a highlight for me. It reinforced the message I shared on Friday night. Build a fire that lasts. Our spiritual vitality depends on the right kind of fuel (a personal ongoing relationship with God cultivated with daily contact). We have a tendency to want to build a spiritual fire with paper and lighter fluid. Not only does it burn up fast, but nobody wants to eat S'mores that taste like lighter fluid.

No comments: