About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Trust

This week the community has been touched by pierced with the pain of a tragic automobile accident. Despite the sober words of Scripture that remind us that life is like a vapor, the death of a young person always grips my heart. Some questions seem to move to the forefront of our minds and they are the ones that remain unanswered. Why? Why now? Why this person? It's not that I avoid these questions. I have asked them and I have been asked them. Gradually, I have grown more comfortable with the fact that there will always be questions that are beyond me. It reminds me of my frequent trips to the eye doctor. When I look at the eye chart, I am so grateful for my ability to read line after line accurately. Eventually, I move down to the smaller lines. No matter how much I squint, certain objects are beyond my ability to see clearly. I know the letters are there. I know they exist and are printed on the chart legibly. Yet, I can't see them. My faith assures me that God sees everything and understands everything. The miracle of faith is that my trust in God is not diminished by what I do not understand, it is enhanced and matured.

No comments: