About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Leftover Candy

Candy is cheap today. The day after Halloween, candy goes on sale. Yesterday's $10 bag of mini candy bars is $5 today. It's been a long time since I took a course in economics but it must have something to do with the law of supply and demand. When the demand is low and the supply is high the price is going to fall. Somehow these principles do not fit with the supply of God's grace. His supply is limitless yet it is never cheap. The price is always the same. Our forgiveness cost Jesus His life. Our acceptance of the Savior costs us everything. We must surrender and follow. Yet, it the midst of these things that are constant, the demand fluctuates. Never have I witnessed a greater resistance to God's grace.

No comments: