About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving

One of the greatest miracle stories in the Gospels is the story of Jesus feeding thousands with a little boy's lunch. The miracle meal unfolds in stages. First, the need is identified: thousands of hungry people and no food in sight. There was no food available with one exception. Apparently the only one among the thousands who shouldn't have been concerned about lunch was willing to give his away. A little boy gave his lunch. It's easy to overlook what happened next. We want to leap ahead to the miracle feeding. The multiplication of a little boy's lunch fascinates us. But, if we read too fast we miss a critical message. Before Jesus distributed the meal He gave thanks (John 6:11). Perhaps one of the greatest lessons in the story is overlooked too often. Before the miracle, Jesus paused to give thanks. I believe that a grateful heart opens the door for us to see the miracles of life that God provides every day. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: