About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Interdependence

Christianity is a path toward greater dependency on God and His people and not toward greater individuality.
Kyle Strobel

As I look forward to this Sunday I am pondering some thoughts that I want to share. I plan to share about the essential need for followers of Jesus to love others. It sounds like a basic tenet of Christianity (and it is) - yet it is one of most challenging aspects of being a sincere follower of Jesus. I believe Strobel has touched on the reason for the challenge. In our culture, independence is often used interchangeably with comments about maturity. They are not the same. While the dangers of "co-dependent" abuses are well documented, not enough is said about healthy interdependence. The pages of the New Testament are filled with metaphors about healthy interdependence. Strangely enough, many of them relate healthy interdependence to maturity.

No comments: