About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 5, 2007

What would Jesus say?

Recently, I read a question in a book, "What would Jesus say if He attended your weekend church service?" It's a thought-provoking question. It forces me to consider whether we are on target with what we call church. Ultimately, I'm not sure I can provide an adequate answer the question. I say this because I am so familiar with the Sunday service I am sure that Jesus would see things that have become somewhat invisible to me. So I wonder if Jesus would see people that I miss? I am comforted by the fact that I have raised the subject with Him before. On Sunday mornings, I express my sincere desire that He will be pleased with the day. On the other hand, if I respond to the question at another level, I would say that Jesus does attend every Sunday. He has promised to be with me. Because of His abiding presence in me I can know the answer to the question if I listen with my heart. I can know when He is pleased and when He is disappointed.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sunday Morning was my families first visit to Heritage. What would Jesus say you ask? I think He would say Well Done!
We were blessed by the service and can't wait to come back.

Keep up the good work!
God Bless You
Kristin Vella