About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Break is over

I took a little blog break through the Thanksgiving holiday. But, I'm back in action now with a few reflections. I did take some time to do some reading while away. My latest book interest is another of Eugene Peterson's works called "Eat this Book". He provides some great insight on "the art of spiritual reading". As the title suggests, Peterson encourages us to ingest the truths of God and allow Him to nourish our souls. In order to savor the richness of God's Word we need to take time to enjoy the meal. I believe ambiance contributes to the enjoyment of a meal. I hope the Christmas season provides you with a great atmosphere to enjoy the beauty of the God's gift to us in the birth of Jesus. Take time to cherish the message of the Christ of Christmas.

No comments: