About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Message

In considering the Christ of Christmas this season I am focusing on John's description of the birth of Jesus. The first chapter of John is quite different than the "birth" narratives of Luke and Matthew. John refers to Jesus as "the Word". Although the Greek word "logos" that is translated "word" has spawned a lot of different interpretations it seems to me that it is clear that Jesus was a living "God message" to us. He came as the eternal Son of God to reveal the glory, grace and truth of God as never before. It is a Message for all and at the same time it is a Message to me and for me. The Christ of Christmas is universal and yet personal. Receiving the Message of the Christ of Christmas requires us to focus on Him...especially during one of the busiest seasons of the year.

No comments: