About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christ and Resolutions

Christmas and New Years are separated by one week on the calendar. In the blur of the season, we celebrate the birth of Jesus and then welcome a New Year. Is is coincidental that so many people make resolutions after overeating, overscheduling and overspending? Well, I not that not everyone is guilty of the aforementioned - so I will move along. Most of us will hear about or give some thought to making some positive changes around the New Year. If you think about change keep in mind a couple of guidelines. First, let change on the inside drive change on the outside. A faithful and determined heart is the best catalyst for positive changes that show on the outside. Second, don't expect change to be quick or easy. Good and lasting change is usually the result of sincere reflection and a deliberate response. Finally, remember that the Christ of Christmas is the ultimate change agent. Never attempt any significant change without asking for help and guidance from the LORD.

No comments: