About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Life

This week I am preparing to share some thoughts about Life. Sounds like a big subject and it is. I am still working on answering the question "Who is the Christ of Christmas?" It's a bit of a tall order. I believe John gives us a good answer in telling us that "In Him (Christ) is Life". I believe our ability to know Jesus as "Life" is critical. Without a rich experiential knowledge of Christ, life is different. And knowing Him at a distance is like seeing a picture of the Grand Canyon vs. standing on the edge and experiencing it. I was reading through some research about our culture yesterday and ran across a comment about life that raises concerns. According to the research many American adults regularly strive to be connected to a substantial number of people yet they possess a nagging sense of loneliness, isolation and restlessness. To me this is symptomatic of our need to know Life in Christ intimately and personally instead of maintaining a distant relationship.

No comments: