About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Incarnation

How do you describe the miraculous combination of Divine and human? Incarnation is a term that has been applied to the miracle of Christmas. It is one word that attempts to bridge the gap of impossibility. It's not just that God chose to be with us. It is the fact that God chose to be with us as a baby in a manger in Bethlehem. The same God who came down to Mount Sinai with thunder, lightening, fire and smoke and was greeting with fear and trembling loved us enough to descend to a feed trough in a manger. No longer were the human beings who observed God's manifest presence afraid to draw near. Instead I suspect that the baby Jesus was welcomed into the world He created by the hands of Joseph and lifted to the embrace of Mary.

No comments: