About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Got any plans?

"Destruction is certain for my rebellious children," says the LORD. "You make plans that are contrary to my will. You weave a web of plans that are not from my Spirit, thus piling up your sins.
Isaiah 30:1

The Lord's words in Isaiah were directed to Judah because of their treaty with Egypt, but the principles are worth considering before we rip off a list of resolutions. Part of the challenge of beginning the New Year correctly is receiving plans from the Spirit of God. The words that are repeated in the book of Revelation in the Bible are a solemn reminder..."He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches". Just because we have ears does not mean we listen.

No comments: