About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Change

I enjoy the opportunity to do some teaching at Lee University occasionally. I am preparing for a course on "Change issues in Leadership". This is a course that I have taught before. However, next year the course will be offered online for the first time. What a change! It is a great opportunity for me to put the principles that I teach and preach into practice and embrace the change. I am having to learn some new techniques and utilize a new platform to present the course.

Change touches us all, everyday. I suppose the older we get the more we notice change (and sometimes the more we resist it). The older we get the easier it is to grow stagnant. While it is true that not every change is good, we can grow resistant to both the good and the bad. I remember reading a challenging question a long time ago that asked whether I am a pond or a stream. The pond is stagnant. The stream is alive with fresh life flowing through it. The fresh current represents the positive transformation that comes from embracing the Spirit of God.

No comments: