About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Diagnosis

Today I went to the doctor for my usual "diabetic check-up". I go every 90 days and lay my arm on the table, get stuck and watch as my blood fills up the tubes. Four tubes of blood reveal a lot of information. In a short period of time my doctor knows how my blood sugar has been in the last 3 months (fine thank you). He gets a picture of my cholesterol (112 - not bad!) and my triglycerides and a host of other numbers that I won't bore you with. Isn't it amazing that a small amount of blood can paint such a detailed picture of our health. God doesn't have to draw blood to know how well we have been doing this year. As 2007 comes to a close, it's a good time to allow the Holy Spirit to give us a report of how healthy we are. If we will be still, ask and listen, He can speak to our hearts about our spiritual health. The diagnosis is only the beginning. He is authorized to dispense prescriptions as well. He has prescribed me humility, trust, faith, grace, hope, peace many times.

No comments: