About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Do you like fruitcake?

I attended a Christmas program at Nick's school this morning. The high school choir performed a funny song about fruitcake. It seems that fruitcake is a Christmas tradition that lives on despite the fact that I hear lots of people complain that they don't like it. My favorite joke about fruitcake is that there is actually only one fruitcake in existence and it has been passed around the globe from family to family for 40 years now. Fruitcake is a good reason to consider the value and meaning of traditions. I'm sure you have many wonderful traditions around the holidays. Hopefully, you will consider the virtues of those traditions and utilize them as a way to share the love of Christ.

No comments: