About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Who is the Christ of Christmas?

In the month of December I will be sharing several messages with the folks at Heritage Fellowship aimed at answering this question: Who is the Christ of Christmas? I would love to hear from you. If you are reading this blog consider yourself a potential source for my messages. What comes to mind when you hear this question? Here's one answer from my life. When I think of the Christ of Christmas I think of "light". In my life I depend on Christ for light. I know what it is like to be blind. In 1997-1998 I lost sight in both eyes (not at the same time) and as a result I experienced a level of darkness in my life that was very frightening. Darkness carries a lot of meaning for me. It reminds me of my need for help, my need for hope, my need for healing and redemption. Jesus, the Christ has responded to my darkness. Christ is light for me.

No comments: