About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 12, 2007

God with us

Signs of the Christmas season are appearing. After all, it's November 12th and I heard a Christmas carol yesterday..(Just a little sarcasm here) However, I love the "spirit of Christmas". One of the most powerful proclamations about the birth of Jesus is captured in the name Immanuel (Matthew 1:23). The arrival of Jesus in Bethlehem was a reminder of God's desire to be with us. What about now? I believe that God's desire to be with us has not lessened with time. We must cultivate our awareness of the promise of Jesus that He would never leave us (Matthew 28:19). I wish we could learn to understand that the "spirit" of Christmas should be the Spirit of Christmas. The Spirit of Christ is with us everyday, every month of every year - because God wants to be with us.

No comments: