About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trick or Treat?

Of course I have some vivid memories of Halloween from childhood. Perhaps one of my most memorable years was 1971. That was the year I was diagnosed as a diabetic. After spending 10 days in the hospital and learning how to take my daily injections of insulin, I returned home just before Halloween. Great timing. You may recall that Halloween is a holiday event that revolves around receiving tons and tons of candy. Well, needless to say I had fun with my candy rations. Also, let me give a testimonial to the improvements that have been made in diabetic candy through the past 35 years! There are so many reasons to give thanks. My health, Self-control...and Diet Coke. Have a great day and resist that second Reese cup.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I didn't know you were diabetic. Just goes to show how little you know sometimes about the people God places on your mind and heart, doesn't it?