About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Come home

I remember when I was a kid. Long, long ago when children roamed the neighborhood and rode bicycles rather than playing Playstation and Xbox. Whenever it was time for me to come home my father would whistle. He could whistle so loud that I could hear it for miles. It was a distinct sound with a distinct message for my brother and me: "Come home now!" This Sunday, I am looking forward to sharing a message about hearing God's voice. I believe that our heavenly Father's voice carries for miles. I believe He can deliver distinct messages to our hearts. Sometimes we ignore those messages. Often, we don't recognize them. But, He still speaks to us.

No comments: