About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Have you changed?

As I mentioned in an earlier post this week I have enjoyed the opportunity to teach a course at our seminary this week. It was a special treat to see some folks in the class that attended the seminary back when I was in my masters program. I attended the seminary from 1989-1993. So, it's safe to say I have changed. When it has been a "few" years since you have seen people it's funny which changes you ask about. How's the family? Where do you live? Where did your hair go? Are those bifocals? Few conversations go deeply enough to discover what changes have occurred in our hearts. My heart has changed since I graduated in 1993. My trust in God has weathered many storms since then. My love for God has matured in appreciation for His faithfulness. And my understanding of His grace is dramatically different (by reason of application).

No comments: