About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Change is coming

For the next couple of weeks my Sunday morning messages will focus on change. Specifically, I will talk about some of the indicators that change is needed. One of the most critical indicators that we need change is that of isolation. Isolation seems impossible in the midst of our crowded lives. But, as the old saying goes, it is possible to be lonely in a crowded room. One reason the church offers such hope for transformation is in the opportunity for authentic relationships. When a church is healthy relationships flourish and it becomes a catalyst for positive change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a good place to be under a broom tree like Elijah. Terrible crippling thing fear is. Turned from the Lord's calling a few years ago out of fear and pride-based-fear which is even worse. But have been asking the Lord recently is the calling still there. I keep getting the answer back "preach my Word". So my change is coming to get out from under the broom tree and be about our Father's business. The callings of God are without repentance.

Paul Metler, Ph.D. said...

Thanks for your comments Craig. It's terrible what happens when we mix fear and pride. The Father knows how to heal those wounds doesn't he! I have experienced His healing in those areas and I know you have too.