About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

God or Luck?

As a follow up to my recent blog (Anti-God campaign) on the campaign of atheists in London to purchase ads on buses that declare that God "probably" doesn't exist, I did a little research on one of the proponents of the campaign. One of the prominent supporters of the campaign is Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion . I thought you might be curious as to what Dawkins proposes as a replacement to God when it comes to the origin of life and consciousness. So I did a little research for you. According to Dawkins, such origins were triggered by an "initial stroke of luck". Excuse me? Is the a scientific explanation for something as signficant as the origin of life and consciousness? Now, I grant you that Dawkins has much more to say about the subject than that. But, it life has to begin somewhere, somehow and this is what he offers. I'm not making this up. My response to Dr. Dawkins would make a great ad campaign for the buses in London: "There probably wasn't an initial stroke of luck...I believe in God".

No comments: