About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Great Visit

I enjoyed a special blessing this week. Tom and Helen Malande were with us at Heritage last night. They are visiting from Kenya. They were joined by another missionary couple, Larry and Lisa Brown. We had a great evening listening to stories about what God is doing in Kenya through their ministry. This morning I was able to have an extended conversation with Tom and Helen about the HIV/Aids crisis in Kenya. Helen is doing research regarding the psychological and social impact of the disease. The impact on family structure is devastating as the number of orphans continues to grow. But, in the midst of the devastation, they are sharing God's love and allowing the light of His grace to shine.

No comments: