About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Style Points

It's October in Tennessee and I haven't blogged much about Volunteer football. There's a reason. Nobody wants to read about the obvious. It's been a rough year. This past Saturday the mighty Vols racked up a big win against the Northern Illinois Huskies. What, you haven't heard of the Huskies? It was what they call in football an "ugly" win. They won a game they were supposed to win. Not many points scored. Not many big plays. I heard a comment this morning that the Vols didn't pick up many "style points". That's a great way to express the game. It wasn't flashy. It wasn't really all that interesting. It was a game that trudged along until it was over. Lately, I've been studying how Moses assessed the journey of the Israelites through the wilderness. You don't always pick up many style points during a wilderness journey. But that doesn't mean the wilderness is devoid of lessons. If you're in the wilderness now, forget about style points and pay attention to what God is teaching you. Remember, you are supposed to emerge victorious.

2 comments:

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Thanks for the reminder, LOL ... You know most of the background on our particular "wilderness" lately, so your blog has been a good reminder that victory is over the horizon. It's very encouraging, so thanks ...