About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Anti-God Campaign

Recently in London, England some organizers put together an ad campaign asserting that there "probably is no God". The ads are being placed on the sides of buses in London. Specifically, the ads read "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." Supporter, Richard Dawkins, who is a biologist and author of "The God Delusion". says "This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think — and thinking is anathema to religion." Is that so Richard? Wow, the statement "There probably is no God" is a real thinker! Also, if Richard advocates "stop worrying and enjoy your life" while reading a sign on the side of a bus, I question whether he has ever driven in London. Let me get serious for a moment. I happen to agree that thinking is a good thing. Also, I agree that it is true that too many Christians fall prey to an unthinking faith. Faith is not opposed to examination and exploration. In fact, I believe that God designed us such that heart, soul, mind and body have an integrated relationship with Him. When I engage my intellect I am amazed even more by the existence of God. Am I threatened by the ad campaign? I don't know, let me think about it.

No comments: