About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Honest Feedback


Last night Nick had a tough football game. His team was previously undefeated and they faced the other undefeated team. The result was a 20-0 loss for Nick's team. He had a great time and learned a lot - I'm very proud of him. This morning Nick's coach called me to tell of something that happened on the sideline. Nick's coach was giving them a great fired-up talk after the first series. At the end of his talk, his eyes caught Nick's and he asked Nick what he was seeing out there on the field. Nick's response was "I just went in coach, I'm not seeing much yet". Despite the intensity of the moment the coach shared with me that it struck him as humorous. This week I am enjoying the opportunity to teach doctoral course at our seminary. There are several countries represented in the class. I love the opportunity to gain such rich perspective from places like South Korea, Canada, Brazil and Kenya. I find myself taking time to take it all in. I feel a little like Nick. It will take me a few days to process what I'm seeing and hearing. I just got in the game!

No comments: