About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Getting Ready for the Election

November 4th is election day. Although there are a host of elections within the election, most of our attention has been garnered by the presidential election. As I prepare to vote there is an election fact that blows me away. I can't help but consider that fact that nearly $1 billion has raised by the candidates for campaigning. What an investment. The sources of funds vary, but any way you slice it, that's a lot of money. Let me turn that investment around and look at investment through a different lens. Don't forget to invest in prayer. Before you vote, pray. Pray for God's direction in how you vote. Pray for the candidates. Pray for our country. The election is a great opportunity to seek God and be led by God in an important decision.

No comments: