About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post Election Thoughts

This morning some are celebrating victory and others are agonizing over defeat. Whether your focus is on the national election or local matters, the results reveal that matters either went the way you hoped or you are left to deal with disappointment. Likewise, the election may have gone the way you prayed or not. What concerns me today is the potential to forget the need for prayer now that the election is over. Please don't misunderstand me, I believe that it was and is important to pray in anticipation of elections. However, it is no less important to pray now that the elections have passed. Those who were elected need our prayers. Our nation as a whole needs our prayers. We need to be prayerful because prayer helps bring change in us. It helps us to listen to God's voice and align with His plans and purposes. Prayer is much bigger than whether our candidtes win or lose.

No comments: