About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Growing up

I watched a middle school basketball game last night with Nick. To my pleasant surprise I knew several of the players on the the "other team". I watched the best player on the other team score several times before realizing that he was on one of Nick's baseball teams several years ago. He had grown up (about a foot taller). After speaking to his father and mother after the game, the young man came and spoke to me. I congratulated him for the great game. When I spoke to him I recognized his face, yet I recoginzed that he had matured a great deal. For the last few weeks I have shared messages about "lessons learned". This young man illustrates the goal of my messages. Maturity should be recognizable. "Lessons learned" produce obvious changes in us. The process of spiritual maturation is not hidden from those around us. If it is hidden - it makes me wonder if it's happening.

No comments: