About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What's wrong with God?

Yesterday I re-issued God's question from the book of Jeremiah. God asked his wayward people, "What fault did you find in me?". Today I noticed a short review of Bill Maher's film "Religulous". It's a film that I have no desire to see, but I was interested in the content of the review. "Religulous" is a comedy (and I use the term loosely) that pokes fun of Christians, Jews and Muslims for their faith. In the film Maher travels and interviews followers of each faith. Making fun of religion is nothing new for Maher. He abandoned his faith a long time ago. While making fun of Christians might actually reveal some flaws in followers, does it really identify any flaws in God? Of course, my answer is "no". But, it's an interesting thought. It matters how we represent God, but the failures of His followers will never diminish God's identity. God's love for Bill Maher is abundant. God's plan for Bill Maher is redemption. No matter what Bill has done or said, God wants him to know what it's like to trust in a God who has no faults.

No comments: