About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

deuteronomy today

I have been reading in Deuteronomy lately. The application of this great series of messages from Moses has hit me in a strong way. The bulk of Deuteronomy is devoted to some major messages from Moses. He is preparing the Hebrews to enter into the Promised Land. After wandering around in the wilderness and several bouts with major doubt and disobedience, the older Hebrews have died and only the young ones, Caleb and Joshua will be allowed to enter the land. Moses delivers his "final words" to the massive gathering of Hebrew souls. What does he have to say. One word stands out above all the rest, "remember". That's what has captured my attention. How many lessons in life have I forgotten? Why? How? Did I forget them or reject their application? Did they die from a lack of practice? Did I really learn them to begin with? Great questions. Deuteronomy holds some key, divine insight about carrying lessons learned forward. For the next few Sundays, I going to have a good time in Deuteronomy.

No comments: