About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Gary's Visit

We had a special gift yesterday.Gary Darcus was passing through Knoxville and stopped by to spend some time with us on his way home to Charlottesville. Gary is very involved with missionaries in Africa through his work with Advancing Native Missions Last night at Heritage we were discussing 1 Corinthians 9. Gary commented how much his missionary friends in Africa would have enjoyed our discussion. As Gary continued to share it was a great reminder of the power and relevance of the principles of Scripture. The cultural differences between believers in Kenya and Oak Ridge, TN are great. We can scarcely imagine the economic and political challenges that they face. However, the internal battle between selfishness and maturity is not so different. The call to live in such a way as to further the reach of the gospel rather than hindering it hits us all.

No comments: