About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I approved this message

By now we are accustomed to hearing those words on a regular basis. As candidates spend millions and millions of dollars to market themselves to the voting public we are practically numb by the time the personal endorsement pops up at the end..."I approved this message". To me it comes across as a personal, albeit lifeless affirmation that the messge of the commercial is consistent with the candidate. Consider this for a moment, what if our lives were viewed as a "commercial" for Christ? What if at the end of my life, Jesus dropped by the cemetery, threw a little dirt on my casket and said of me, I'm Jesus and I approve of the message of Paul's life? While this may sound a little crass, it really is worth considering. Is my life consistent with the message of Jesus? Does He approve of the way I invoke His name? When I call myself a "Christian" is Jesus proud that I am proclaiming his "platform" to those who don't know Him. If the word "commercial" is a little too offensive, think deeply about the message of your life. And by the way, give some thought about whether "attack ads" are effective.

No comments: