About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

God leads

The words of Moses in Deuteronomy summarize the journey of the Hebrews. God brought them out of Egypt. He was preparing them to enter into the land that He promised to give them. Moses reminded them that in between "God led them". For the next few weeks I am going to consider how Deuteronomy 8:2 provides a framework for reviewing life. For me, this is a good place to start. How has God led me? That's a question I'm considering this week. There have been obvious times preceding significant decisions where I have diligently sought to be led by God. Other times I was less aware of God's leading, but I am convinced He was leading me. God provided tangible leadership to the Hebrews. They were able to see a cloud and fire as evidence of His leading. There have been times I would have loved to have the same. Yet, my journey has taught me to trust in God's presence and His leading even when it has been less than obvious.

No comments: