About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Unique

Unique sounds so much better than different. In my last post, I mentioned the "call" of Jeremiah. One of the insights we gain from reading God's words to Jeremiah is that God knew him before he was born. Understanding the significance of that fact has breathed fresh life into my journey with God many times. I am easily frustrated with my "uniqueness". It's so easy to look at others and wish for talents or gifts that we see in them and forget that our own special design fits into God's plan for us. I'm not saying we should forget about personal development. But, too often we forget to appreciate God's workmanship and give thanks for how He known about us since before we were born. Our gratitude opens to door for us offer a "unique" gift to God...ourselves.

No comments: