About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Measures of Success

This morning I was reading Jeremiah 1 with a group of men. The first chapter of Jeremiah has some great nuggets of truth for any follower of Christ. The chapter reveals a very personal encounter of the prophet Jeremiah and God. Most of us would describe this as Jeremiah's "call". Seveal elements of Jeremiah's call have proven true in my life. First, God knew Jeremiah before he was born. Second, God provided Jeremiah with what he needed in order to be obedient to God's call. Third, God let him know that it wouldn't be easy. Finally, God promised that Jeremiah would never have to "go it alone".

No comments: