About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jeremiah's calling part 2

I am continuing to consider the "calling" of Jeremiah. The second thing that I noticed about Jeremiah's calling was that the Lord provided Jeremiah with what he needed to answer God's call. In Jeremiah's case, the Lord touched his mouth and prepared him to speak God's words to the people. As I look back at "my story" of following God and answering His call, I have many examples of how God has provided what I needed in order for me to be faithful. I am fascinated by the fact that God didn't always give me what I thought I "wanted" in order to answer His call. Usually what I "wanted" was not necessary for my obedience, even though I thought it was. It seems like we would learn that we shouldn't be disappointed when we don't get what we want doesn't it? Through my experiences I believe God was helping me to learn that I envision His plan unfolding differently than He does. If I trust God, that's not a big deal. If I don't trust God than I can load up a lot of worry, wasted energy, and the list goes on.

No comments: