About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Jeremiah's calling part 3

When Jeremiah launched into his role has prophet, he did so with a knowledge that things were going to be very difficult. How did he know? God told him. If you have any entrepreneurial blood in your veins, usually you launch into a great adventure with bit of blind optimism about your potential experience. Jeremiah started out with these words stuck in his heart and head: "pluck up, break, destroy overthrow build and plant". God never said it would be easy. God did promise to be with him. We talk about that more later. Sometimes we wish we knew more about what lies ahead of us. Sometimes it's a blessing that we don't.

No comments: