About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Transformation

Every Christian knows that God loves him or her. Unfortunately, that fact often remians a tenet or tenant of the mind. And until it gets into your heart, it remains information. Once it gets into your heart, it results in transformation.
Mark Batterson

What a tragedy that we do not soak in the love of God. God's love is so much more than a theological principle that we deposit in our minds. It is more than a confession in a creed. As I survey the landscape of Christianity around me, it seems that we run the risk of keeping the love of God in our heads and out of our hearts. I agree with Mark Batterson. The result is information without transformation. In order for God's love to transform us, we have to let Him near. We have to long to be near to Him. To know, to really know God is to experience His presence, His love. Remember, Jesus came to teach us that He is Emmanuel (God with us).

No comments: