About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Competition

Describe God. What are the first words out of your mouth? Maybe you said "indescribable". Good answer, but you're dodging the question. You might have thrown out some theology...sovereign, omniscient, omnipresent, almighty, eternal, holy. I'll bet the first word was not "jealous". We live in a day when we must deal with competition that has risen to an extreme level. Competition for our time, our attention, our affection, our resources is fierce. Can anything or anyone really "compete" with God? Of course not. Yet, we ignore God's "jealous" nature on a regular basis with our choices and our allegiance. For the past week, I have made a choice to spend my time in the car without radio (I enjoy sports talk radio) or music (I love music). Is sports talk radio bad? Well, sometimes. Is music bad? Much to my surprise the quiet has been really really enjoyable.

No comments: