About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Teaching at Seminary


I have been enjoying a great learning opportunity at the Seminary. This week, Dr. Fred Garmon and I have been teaching a missional leadership course for doctoral students. It's has been refreshing to meet some leaders who are passionate about growing in Christ-likeness. It is a journey. Consider the words of Fenelon

We must bear with ourselves with patience and without flattery, and remain in unceasing subjection to every means of overcoming our thoughts and inward repugnancies. We will thus become more pliable to the impressions of grace in the practice of the gospel. But let this work be done quietly and peacefully, and let it not be entered upon too eagerly, as though it could all be accomplished in a single day.

No comments: